Sunday, October 13, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving

It's Canadian Thanksgiving today. I am in Washington celebrating with my family.

I just wanted to make note of this week. At work it was crazy and hectic as usual with the added load of planning for a Thanksgiving lunch for the staff and kids in our program.

A lot of team work and planning was put into this and in the end we had such a wonderful event.

Our lunch was beautifully decorated and food was delicious. We had enough food for kids to bring leftovers for their families. Most important of all the company was so great. Our kids were happy. The staff was happy and it was just a celebration if being together. We are definately a group of strangers that became a great big loving family. In the end we are very lucky to have eachother.

Today I'm in Bellevue with my own family and I feel so lucky to have such a caring and loving family to be a part of. I am grateful for so many things. I am grateful for a mom who is always trying to make sure we eat enough and wear enough clothes. I'm grateful for a dad that wants us to have the most clean and beautiful house to live in. I'm grateful for a sister that is always excited to bring the family out to enjoy a beautiful day. I am also grateful for my nieces who have made every day so much more special. Also for a brother in law that has become family.

I am also grateful to be alive and happy. Healthy and strong. I have great friends and family and I am also just happy with myself. I'm grateful for everyone who chooses to be in my life and everyone who was made my life meaningful. I'm also grateful for living in Canada where we have rights and freedoms to live our life as we choose. So I hope everyone out there has something to be grateful for.



No comments: