Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Thank you 2014!


Impermanence has become an encompassing reality for me. It has placed itself at the seat of my heart and now has a home that has been well established over the last couple of years. It reminds me in every situation of sadness and pain, love and joy that this will come and go. Don't get use to it.  The good stuff comes and it goes. The bad stuff comes and it goes. There is an ending in everything. Regardless of the situation, everything we experience in life are the ingredients to a richer soul, gives us sprinkles of more compassion and steers us towards the path we are meant to be on.  We will be celebrating change by celebrating a new year tonight. So in some way, celebrating new year is celebrating impermanence. Change is good, it brings good things and we get to start over again as a new person, new goals and new life.  Before this calendar marker of change I'd like to take some time to thank 2014 for all the amazing experiences I've have, all the joy and pain I've felt and all the love I gave and received. 

2014 thank you for giving me a family that is supportive and loving. I witness acts of love everyday and am lucky to be on the receiving end of this love daily. Thank you for my nieces that give me a reason to be a better human being. Thanks to my friends that stay by my side whether I am crying or if we are exploring a dark cave together. This year I've experienced so many adventures. Thank you for all the  mountain air, the quiet stillness of a cave, and the beauty of a desert canyon. Thank you bringing out the nature loving freak in me. Thank you for the mornings sitting on a rock, watching the ocean waves come in.  Thank you for my first adventures in shrimping and crabbing! Thank you to Manning Park. Thank you Whiskey Jacks for an unforgettable moment with my Andrea.  Thank you for every breath I took on the summits I looked down from this summer. Thank you to my body that has taken me on these adventures mostly unharmed and exhilarated. Thank you for everyone I've shared these experiences with. Thank you for everyone I had a belly aching laugh with. Thanks for letting me in your lives and sharing all those moments together. Thank you for all the micro-brewery laughs. Thank you for the inspiring people I know and respect that strive to make change in the world. Their hard work and dedication is a gift to me because it makes me work harder and give more. Thank you for all the obstacles the Universe has placed before me. Before I would have thought they were an irritation, now I know they are there FOR me. Thank you so much! Thank you for alone time where I was able to dig up old hidden loves. Thank you for all the modern day luxuries I have like electricity, tap water, a soft mattress, social media, my car, and everything that I use everyday that I hardly think about as it seems so normal to have. I know that we are the lucky ones and I am really grateful. thank you to all the people in the world who's daily actions trickle down to me having a cup of coffee. I don't think you know all that you do for all us who love coffee! Thanks to all the blogs I read out there for all the inspiration you've given me. Thanks for freedom of speech. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: