Thursday, July 28, 2016

Saying good-bye

Another challenge. Another goodbye. This year there has been so much sadness. I just returned from the hospital today and a relative of mine will be passing away tomorrow. They are pulling the plug.  3 weeks ago he felt sick. Tomorrow he will die.  So fast.  Last week I went to a celebration of life for my friend's dad. Though I hurt I know so many people are hurting more than me. Their pain is so unimaginable and I don't want to feel it or know it. It's been one sad story after another. Then, personally, one mental hurdle after another. It feels like there hasn't been a break. I keep taking off into the woods with who ever will go with me. It's the only way to forget all the things that I have one my mind. Somehow looking into the campfire at night, hiking and just worrying about how to cook your food takes away so much anxiety. I am never in town. I'll leave on a whim.  But regardless of the escape you can't live in the woods forever. Running away is not a solution. You have to go back and face all the fears you have. I'll just escape for  this summer and try to find other coping skills come September.

RIP Gerd Mueller and Uncle Albert I feel lucky and honored to have been able to spend some time with you today. I hope the journey to your next destination is smooth and lovely. May you watch out over us here on Earth. 

No comments: