Friday, August 9, 2013

From Portland to Cannon Beach

We have been in Oregon for the last 4 days. Tomorrow we are heading home. This family trip includes my sister, brother in law, my two nieces and my parents. It has been more than I had expected. First of all, this is the first family trip we have taken in several years. I wasn't sure how it would be like to travel with my family as we often bicker here and there and with kids around I had imagined it to be quite crazy. However it wasn't. It was so fun. So many unexpected things happened. Like tonight, we had a bonfire out on the beach and made s'mores. My family doesn't do that but they did it because I really wanted to and everyone ended up really enjoying the experience. Out of all of us I think Avery had the best time. She was always smiling.




Avery digging in the sand at Cannon Beach.
I think this was the first time she ever played in sand. Once in a while she even ate sand. Hmmm... Not a good idea. Abbie enjoyed all the food she got to eat. That girl can eat!!! She also kept trying to break out into the patio where she was normally forbidden to go. My nieces remind me of me lol. I feel very proud of them.




Kids fooling around in the hotel room.

Also, it was really nice to spend some time with my parents. We never get to just relax around each other. Tonight I even got some time to sit on the beach alone with my dad and to stare at the stars with him. I showed him the Little Dipper because he has never seen it.

Some highlights of the trip: We went to the waterfalls by Portland and hung out at the beach to watch the sunset. My mom learned how to roast marshmallows. We ate at some damn good restaurants. Most memorable was all the time I got to spend with my nieces and see all the excitement in their eyes everyone time there was a new experience.

Here are some more photos.




Wakeena Falls.




Multnohmah Falls.




Apizza Scholls in Portland: on the weekend they get so busy there is no take out orders allowed and you have to reserve your pizza dough. The pizza is 18 inches across!!!




Rooster Rock and the Columbia River Gorge.




Another photo of Rooster Rock.




Bonfire night.




A visit to the Haystack Rock to check out who got stuck in the tide pools during low tide.

Cannon Beach in the morning is a gorgeous site too.




Great trip!!!
I am thankful for all the new memories!

No comments: