Wednesday, July 31, 2013

21 days

Michelle says it takes 21 days to change a habit. In Behaviour Science it also states you should wait at least 3 weeks before you change any part of your behavior plan because it takes that long for a change in behaviour to occur. Most people don't give life changes more than a week before they give up. Either they forget there was something they were supposed to change or be conscious about or they get frustrated and give up. Gotta remember not to waste the valuable lessons we learn in life and just go back to our easy habits.

My major life goal this year is to be patient. It's been a running life theme. Impatience affects my interactions with people and my attention to details. How do I train myself in 21 days to be patient? I really think this will take longer than 21 days. Michelle has challenged me on this so we shall see. I'm going to write a behaviour plan so when I feel impatient I will have a coping strategy or a replacement behaviour. I need to some how break down my behaviour so I can work at my impatience in small increments.


I also have a goal of self restraint I need to work on. I have two focuses in my life in which practicing self restraint is necessary. These areas are two things I really need not dwell on or further investigate. It will be a daily goal but I consider it a goal I really have to take one day at a time. Lets cross fingers that I will be successful. These two will be difficult.


As everyday we are changing and are different people moment by moment its important to have some sense of direction or idea of where it is you are headed. Not too long ago I wrote a list of goals or wishes of things I wanted in life. Deepak Chopra said to write out this list somewhere and carry it with you everywhere. Read it in the morning. Read it before you meditate. Read it before you sleep. This engages your mind to connect your wants with the Universe when you are conscious. Just by doing this you can tap into the energy that is with us all and connects everyone and everything in the Universe. We can affect all energy with our thoughts. Though it may not bring things to you on a silver platter it will open up doors and map out new roads for you that you would have never been able to see before. Sadly, I wrote this list but lost it.

I feel very inspired to write a new one. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of life you forget to work on your spirituality. Today seeing lightning light up the night sky seemed to bring some of that pureness of thought back. I will write one tomorrow as I think my wishes have changed since then anyway. Maybe that's why I lost that list anyway. It didn't suit me anymore.

No comments: