Friday, September 6, 2013

I'm gonna pop some tags...

I went thrift shopping today! I was inspired by a coworker who found an awesome deal and I was feeling pretty lucky. I haven't found anything good in a long time but my good feeling was right. I found a load of stuff :)

A crystal 2-tier high tea stand. I don't have much crystal but this tea stand was really quite beautiful. I really like it. I got this for $5.


This is a creamer of a retro coffee set. I saw the coffee carafe last year at the same thrift shop but didn't buy it. This little guy is $1.


Baoding balls: I had these as a child. They make a ringing sound as you swirl them around in your hands. I find the sound and action very relaxing. Maybe they will help me with meditation. $6.


Asian style trivet. I love trivets and I use them a lot. Even though this is not vintage I liked how new it seemed and the style. $6. It feels like iron.


A beautiful glass jar. $1. Ill do something crafty with it.


Vintage binoculars with a leather strap. This is so beautiful even as a decorator piece. It works really well too. I need to clean it a little bit bc it is dusty. I splurged on this one because it was such a unique find. $20.


That's it for what I bought. However there was a bunch of other things worth noting in this blog.

1) This is a hand painted teapot made in occupied Japan. Too bad it had no lid.


2) Retro instant camera Kodak! There were a bunch of vintage cameras out there. I picked this up for another collector who loves vintage cams.


3) Vintage Camera #2. This one is also going to the collector.


4) Spotted!! An 88mm video camera. I picked it up and it was super heavy but useless without any film. It was sooo cool though. It's quite a striking piece of machinery.


That's it for the thrift shop today!!!

No comments: