Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring cleaning and Disney World Update!

I am pretty sick right now and so I am lying in bed with the TV in the background and reading my old posts. Blogging tends to increase on sick days but I guess I like to be productive that way. My mind is a never ending story teller so I can only talk to myself for so long. I need to share! I've also taken a bit of a break from blogging in the last couple of months so I got into rereading some of my older posts and it reminded me of a lot of good things.  I notice my memory is going with age. I guess if I don't document things I won't remember them. In some ways that's a tragedy and in other ways it's a blessing. But I do want to remember things, good and bad, so I will try and update as much as possible.

I mostly try to post only positive segments online and keep the deeper and darker posts as drafts but I didn't do that earlier in the year and had to go back and remove them.  I want to keep my public blog as more of a positive place and encourage people to live their best life. So I apologize if you read my previous posts (which aren't there anymore) where I was doing nothing but ranting and complaining and thinking mean thoughts about the world and myself. I'm over that but at the same it was good to see. Blogging is a good gauge to see change over time.

This year so far my January and February were much of a blur. I remember some moments of unhappiness due to a break up but mostly I can't remember anything. I just know that instead of talking to people or hanging out with friends I spent more time by myself. I blogged about my negative feelings so I didn't have to give bad mojo to anyone I knew personally. I went to the gym often in attempt to work out some of my energy and I did a lot of reading. I took a meditation class offered by the Vancouver School Board and it was fantastic. I started to read many books on Buddhism. I started going to the temple. It was a new place that offered a feeling a peace.  I believe I am becoming more spiritual but I wouldn't call myself a Buddhist but who knows what tomorrow brings.

In March I went on a 2 week vacation with my family. We started the vacation in Florida doing all the Disney tourist things with the kids and then went on a Disney Cruise. Disney cruises are amazing! They are so classy and there plenty of fun activities to do. The food tastes  pretty fantastic and their private island in the Bahamas was pretty sweet. Then after the Florida-Bahamas vacation we flew to New York so my grandparents could meet my  nieces. It was freezing cold there and we ate so much I felt sick and fearful of food. Seriously needed a detox when I got back. I will probably do a separate blog on my Spring vacation because the Disney Cruise was just out of this world... everyone should go on one.





Now it's May and time is flying by. Soon it will be summer and the end of the school year. My plans for summer are up in the air right now. I plan to work in summer school and also dedicate some time to volunteer somewhere. Also, a trip to San Diego may be an option.

I feel kinda excited. I want to do something great this summer. I want to learn something new. Maybe it will take me some place I am meant to go or guide to me to do something different with my life. I feel I need a change. I just don't know which way I should be going. But I know as long as I am proactive and following my instincts I'll be where I am supposed to be.


No comments: