Sunday, April 25, 2010

Woah 4 years later...

Recently I've been feeling a bit down and out. This year, after I had turned 30, ironically I had felt wonderful. "Thirty isn't' so bad" I told myself. I had a wonderful birthday party and throughout the year I was having a lot of fun. I loved my job. I loved my friends. I was happy with myself. Of course there were things that I would have liked to improved on such as loosing weight and finding a boyfriend but I didn't feel like my life was in the pits. It was great. I also didn't feel like I was aging at all. Either I was having too much fun to notice or at some point in time the aging process was so rapid that it just knocked the wind out of me. Starting a couple of months ago I noticed wrinkles on my face, and other parts of my body had begun to change and it was just a nasty realization that I am truly aging. What a scary thought. I"m morphing into another me. Of course I had frantically ran out to get anti wrinkle treatments and had started justify ideas of Botox and plastic surgery to myself. Apparently everyone does it.

All these feelings that are emerging from me right now made me want to start a blog. Then I remembered that once upon a time I had one. I went to see if it still existed and low and behold it's still here and funny enough I'm still trying to track my food and stay healthy though I have fallen off the wagon too many times to count. Though let's just say that in the last 4 years certain things have become obvious to me. 1) I can't stay on a diet to save my life. 2) I can't live a low carb life style. 3) I CAN go to the gym regularly but if I go on vacation for any period of time, good luck trying to drag me back to the gym when I get home. 4) Vancouver has too much good food.

My newest thing now is to just try everyday to be healthy. I have a daily goal of eating 5 colors of fruits and veggies within the day and drinking at least 1 glass off water. I still try to have as little sugar as possible but I don't make myself feel bad if I eat rice or noodles. I am Asian after all! Let's see how far we get this time with this healthy blog.

Also, from today on, this blog will just be about anything, not ONLY about being healthy because that would be a bore for anyone reading this, which is unlikely anyhow, but I like to entertain myself too.

So here's the blog to my journey into a midlife crisis at 30 and counting. What wonders of aging are out there for me to discover?

No comments: