Saturday, November 14, 2015

Praying for the world

Today I am so sad. Yesterday there were terrorist attacks in Paris. I heard about it on the radio while driving home from work. I think it's 129 dead... 99 critically injured. The news kind of blew me away. Immediately I started to tear up. So much sadness, pain and hatred.  Why is it so senseless? The news was a little overwhelming. Then the realization that my parents were in Europe really freaked me out. I still haven't heard from them. I just want them to come home now. They are not headed to Paris but they are in France for part of their trip. I am trying to just keep busy until I hear from them but I think I need to go to the center today and light some candles. Light candles for those in Paris, light candles for loss, light candles for hatred and light candles for my mom and dad to come home safe. 

I'm worried and I feel awful at the realization of all this senseless violence. Why? 

I pray for those in Paris. I pray for my family. I pray for all those worried about loved ones right now or those who are in fear and I add my gratefulness that at this moment in Canada we get to wake up feeling safe. We are lucky that we can still choose to ignore what's going on in other parts of the world because our country has not yet been touched by such violence. Yet the worlds future seems incredibly uncertain at the moment. I pray and hope for peace. I pray for my parents to return safely. I pray for the world to heal itself. 

... I changed my title from "Praying for Paris" to " Praying for the world". 






No comments: