Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day off!

So... I normally work Saturday mornings for a few hours but today I have the day off because my client went to Disneyland! I am not much of a person to sleep in so I got out of bed at 730 and went out for a cup of coffee and to read my latest book by Deepak Chopra. I think I am getting addicted to reading books by him but every time I read them I feel a little bit more confident that life has a purpose and a meaning and it's not all just random junk.

So I'm not going to go on about his ideas. I'll save that for another post. I'm actually going to post some of the art work that the students in my class did for the art show. They are all so beautiful! The students in my class are low incidence students in high school. Some cannot talk, some have huge behaviours and some can't walk. There is actually a blind student in my class that learned how to walk in our school and also can play the tune of any song we play for her on the keyboards at school. No one ever taught her how to play with the keyboard. She figured it out all by herself. She is amazing as they all are. None of the students shall be named due to confidentiality but check out their beautiful art work!


The art teacher had a series on famous artists. Can you guess who some of the kids are trying to reproduce?


















Another series was based on repeating images. These are some of my favourite pieces.
















Here are just a couple more paintings that I love... The students did such a wonderful job.














When the principal of our school asked a student what this painting was about she said it was about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Can you see what she sees? I can. What a beautiful imagination. Do you feel like you don't have this inside you anymore? Maybe we need to tap into our playful creative side a little more as adults. Then we can also create like this.



This students favourite color is red. Actually he had an obsession with this color. I guess it was his inspiration.

I get inspired looking at these paintings. They are all so perfect in their own ways. No one could replicate them with the same drive. Some of these paintings took weeks to complete. I hope you appreciated them as much as I do!!

No comments: