Wednesday, May 15, 2013

2 great things about JJ Bean

To showcase some of the great coffee of Vancouver I am currently sitting at JJ Bean on Main Street. This is a usual hang out place for me when I want to do some people watching or just read a book at some place other than my bed or sofa. I ordered an iced coffee today. It's a bit different than the usual fare because the drink I love the most here is the Fresca Medici. I just didn't want to be wired for the rest of the day.




There it is on this sunny/overcast, slightly humid day. A nice light and fresh iced coffee.
I also picked up this grilled cheese sandwich. :)


In terms of coffee shop grilled cheeses I think this one takes the cake. It's creamy goodness. It is made with two cheeses, tomatoes and some super savory garlic spread. I am trying to just eat half of it and save the rest for later.

General feeling for the day: Today has been a good day. The weather turned out better than anticipated and I was in a good mood in general. I felt like I got the jump back in my step. Is that how the saying goes?  I even found a guy online I found super cute. I have a very particular type so I'm very excited.

The last two months my heart has been heavy but today I felt lighter in my heart. Maybe it's just that summer is around the corner and I'm starting to look forward to it. Or maybe I am finally not resisting the changes in my life. The feeling of the "freeness" in my heart inspired me and I felt really happy. While I was working with some of my students we took a moment to find something to be grateful for. I think I will encourage that more. Teaching students to be present and grateful is a good thing. We all need to be present. They both said they were grateful for the weather because the sun was starting to pop out.

It was a beautiful moment. More little moments need to be cherished.

No comments: