Thursday, May 16, 2013

Impermanence: word of the day

So... Sometimes no matter how beautiful a day it is there is a feeling of overall disappointment and a lingering sadness. Don't get me wrong, I am not depressed but everyday I have to remind myself not to resist the past and other people's decisions. It's very hard to do. I have to remind myself that impermanence is a part of life and I have to enjoy it. There is something more for me out there. Life isn't so random.

Today has had more moments of sadness. I don't know why some days are harder than others. My mind just won't stop thinking about who I am missing right now. I am more able to push the feeling away though. But never the less I miss him. This too shall pass. One day I will have no feelings for him. Feelings can change as they changed for him, they can change for me too. This too shall pass.

Sometimes I read my horoscope for inspiration. I have found to be quite accurate recently. Here are two versions I found in the newspaper.



After reading that I paid my credit card right away and then cleaned my house (which I was planning to anyway). However I don't plan to seclude myself. Though I love the last two lines. "Listen to the stillness. Give thanks."



Though not applicable to today that is always good advice. Sometimes horoscopes are random but also random with good advice. What can go wrong if you follow your intuition?

I also read on my horoscope app that I should go buy a lottery ticket because for some reason I am very lucky today. Also, when I checked my email there was an email about Hometown Heroes. It's this lottery for a house. So I bought some tickets for that as I do each year. Maybe I'll win a big house!!! Or maybe not... but it all goes to charity, so it's no loss either way. Wish me luck!!! 

I'd like to mention some nice discoveries about today.

First one: a student of mine whom is limitedly verbal looked very upset and kept repeating the same phrase over and over again. The phrase sounded like "hippos swim!" It was very odd. But I found a picture of a hippo swimming, showed it to him and be immediately stopped. The picture was sooo funny. Here it is.


Very cute. Hippos have really big asses. I can stare at this picture a lot.

Also I took a photo of an awesome snack I think everyone should try. I got it in Costco in the states. Maybe they have it here too? So yummy. I shared some at work and everyone liked it.






Those peanuts look radioactive but that's only because I edited the photos. Don't worry. They are safe to eat if you don't count the burning sensation in your nostrils.

Lastly, I made raw zucchini hummus today and it was easy and tasty. Please try! It is probably less fattening than chickpea hummus and tastes almost exactly the same. I got the recipe from this site: http://makeeverydayraw.blogspot.ca/2007/06/zucchini-hummus.html?m=1


Goals:
Figure out how to get into a legit mystery shop in Vancouver... wanna start getting paid for eating and shopping as it's all that I do.

Go research a volunteer position where I can learn something. I read in A New Earth that if I felt like someone took something from me, or wouldn't give me something I wanted  I need to go out and give that same thing out to the world. Giving and receiving are the same thing. GIVE and see what you get back in your heart.

Songs of the day for me:
1. Wild Country by Wake Owl.
2. Somebody I used to know by Gotye.

The lyrics stood out to me especially these ones by Wake Owl.


If I wanna leave I will
Stand on my feet I do
Only takes these words
You never believe are true
I'm never gonna chase something
It's a total waste running
After what they take hundreds
Look at what they praise, nothing

Oh we go where we don't know the way
Fire meets fire we run and it's all the same.

Maybe tomorrow will be a lighter song.


No comments: