Tuesday, May 14, 2013

3 years later.

It's been 3 years since I have posted. I started this post today because Facebook had changed its settings and all the notes I had written for the past 8 years or so had shown up on my timeline. I reread them not knowing what they contained.  I was fearful that they contained things I didn't want the world to know but when I read them I laughed. My old thoughts aren't that different from my current thoughts but I seemed much wiser then yet more naive and innocent at the same time. 

I had crazy passion for so many things. I had written posts with so many vivid emotions. I saw that I was struggling in the past with trying to always accomplish my goals and have hope for the future. This is technically the future of the past. My life isn't quite where I thought it would be. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know. I know I had some extremely valuable experiences, learned some hard lessons, and started to value different things in life. I look at how I tried to plan life. I am nowhere close to that. Life is unpredictable. Even I can't predict myself. Now what has happened in the last 3 years...

I no longer have passion for water kefir, ornate fish or corals.These were things I use to blog about a lot. When I read about those interests I remembered how those activities gave me an escape from the current weather. I got a high and excitement from them that I don't get anymore.

I read one post that I wrote about marking a moment in history. All it was about was a fungia coral that had blown up to the size of a doughnut and looked billowy and cute. It looked so cute I had imagined fish bouncing up and down on it. I actually remembered that day after I read about it. It WAS really cute. I remember how much enjoyment I got out of that. Such pleasure in small things. That's one thing I had forgotten how to do.

Since then I have taken up jewelery making, Netflix, my PVR, Zumba, antique teacups, and vintage Pyrex... amongst other things. There are so many cute things to be excited about it can be endless. It also helps that the internet is a great resource to meet others just as crazy as you are about such obscure things. I've also been up to many things. Here are some examples of things I've been up to.




I rode in a huge glowing orange balloon in Orange County.




Went to Disneyland!!!




Got beamed up aboard the Starship Enterprise.




Took a painting class.




Took a drawing class.











Drank a Lot of beer!



Started a garden and with a neglectful hand the garden turned into a strawberry patch.




Went to some awesome concerts.

And love love love... I met someone special and lost someone special.



If I posted all the pictures of what I've been up to in the last 3 years I would run out of space on my Google account. Actually, all the photos I had up there were only from the last year. That being said, it's nice to see, I realized I am and was always up to something. I felt a little bit more grateful for the experiences I gave myself in life. I went on many vacations, saw many concerts, spent time with people I loved and just tried to enjoy life. I also picked up a book called A New Earth and my life changed for the better.


I had several more significant changes in the last three years of my life. I switched jobs and met some people who have changed my day to day experience in life. I started to enjoy everyday. I also became an aunty not one but two times.







Family became so much more important to me. When I fell in love and got my heart broken for the first time the experience had changed me completely. When I was in shambles, my real friends also became so much more revealing to me. I am a lucky girl.

Now that I am back on the up and up I see that life has surprised me in so many ways. I learned so much about myself. I am still trying to adjust to some of those changes and understand life. I learned there are things you can't control. That is something very hard for a Leo and a control freak to understand. Right now I am trying not to resist life. That's a tough thing to do but a very important thing to be persistent about. Do not resist what life gives you. Life has much joy and much pain. I guess it's all part of growing up. Nothing went according to my plan yet it was a great adventure anyway.

However, reading about who I was before, I felt inspired. I had a lot to say regardless if there was anyone listening to it. I had things on my mind all the time. There were things I logged so I wouldn't forget them. This led me to want to start blogging again. I had read a lot of blogs on the internet myself, especially when I was experiencing a lot of emotional pain. They really helped me and I want this blog to be an outlet for my emotions and sharing myself. It will also be about the things I love. Why not? The whole world is doing it.

 Maybe the record of my thoughts will be healing as I can see my evolution and learn that all we go through is actually for a reason. Maybe it will make someone else feel like they are not alone in their thoughts. Or maybe it will just be a fun way to pass the time. This will be my new project. Let's see how it turns out.

Oh, on a side note, I voted today. I have not voted in a long time but that's because it was very hard to vote when I was never in my voting area during voting times. I love this new system where you can vote anywhere!! ANYWHERE! So I voted right after school in the school gym. Love it! That's how it should be. People should not choose between work and voting. In our culture it's a right, so they should make it accessible to everyone and now they have. Good on you!!!! Thank you. For now my vote is a secret. I wonder who will win.
Good luck British Columbia.

Update: Liberals got it again for the next four years. I voted NDP. 

No comments: