Friday, May 17, 2013

Magda I'm back!!!

So there is this Venezuelan restuarant in my neighborhood. It's called Magda's.


This is the 4th time I've been there and it's Definately one of my favourite places to go for Latin food in Vancouver. I always order the same thing but next time I go I'll try something different. I went with some coworkers after work. It's nice to spend time with each other on a personal level. We were at the restuarant about 2 hours. We talked and laughed. It was a really good time. We also went shopping and each one of us got something. It was a good start to the long weekend.

Here are some photos of the food at Magda's.



Cafe con Leche. Super creamy and rich. I liked it but it was hard for me to finish the whole thing. Personally I prefer a less creamy coffee but I did drink half of it.



Empanadas Columbiania??? Anyway this is a empanada filled with beef, potato and cilantro. I love love love this empanada. I've only had empanadas at a few different places but Magda's is the best in my opinion. It's made with corn flour so the skin is crunchy and crispy on the outside and super delicate and soft inside. Yum yum.


I also ordered some pupusas. This is one of my favourite Latin snacks. I ordered three different ones. 1) Chiccaron ( pork) and cheese. 2) Spinach and cheese. 3) Zucchini and cheese. They are all good and made to order. Fresh fresh fresh!




They give you three dipping sauces to go with your food too. They are a garlic cream, avocado and extra spicy sauce. I captured only two of them as the other one was in use. Make sure you try the sauces!! They are very good.



A good moment:
Though it was a fun day in general and we had many great moments today we also had a special event. It was our Gallery Show. Today students and staff in our school could come and check out the art work our students have been working on all year. We had such a big turn out and the kids were so excited to showcase their work. Parents came to check the show out too. I love seeing our kids faces light up. People were really impressed. I'll have to take a picture of some of the pieces to post. Happy long weekend Canada!

No comments: