Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chicago... Day 4

Day 4 highlights: July 4th!!!, more shopping, the beach, The Chicago Zoo (a free attraction).
This is my last post of the evening and I'm tired.
It's July 4th today and tomorrow is our last day. We have done a lot during the last several days. Today our goal was to check out the Chicago Zoo which is free. Yup! You heard me right. It's free.
But before we talk about that let's talk about how we deviated from the schedule and went shopping again. Aiyah... Amanda and I both walked into a Pandora store and you can imagine what happened right?




My wrist is happy but my wallet is not. Amanda bought something too but I won't advertise what that is.
Ok... Back on track now. After shopping we headed to the Aquarium. It's near the beach. We now know what everyone does here for the 4th of July. They go to the parks and the beach. They find their spot and start BBQ'ing. The beach was packed!!!




Old folks were playing chess




These benches had chess boards designed into them. So cool!




The river even looked blue today. It's really nice out there.




The Chicago Zoo was awesome. For a free zoo the animals were lively and the place was busy busy. I did see two animals throw up throw. That was weird.








My camera wasnt strong enough to take decent pics at the zoo. But there were giraffes, lions, gorillas, seals... So many animals. It was mating season too I think because the exotic zoo was turning into an erotic zoo. We saw a lot of action.

Tonight there are fireworks and a July 4th celebration at the Pier but we are just too tired to go. It's 11pm right now and I noticed a lot of commotion outside. The streets are busy with traffic. I guess everyone is trying to get home.




I'll leave you with some more random art from today.








































No comments: