Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Stuffed mushrooms

At the last staff dinner I made stuffed mushrooms. It was my first time making them and they turned out really well. Everyone really liked them. They were your most basic stuffed mushrooms made with cream cheese and mushrooms.

I made them again last night for dinner. I got the gist of how to make them so I threw in a couple more ingredients and took some out. I liked them a lot more.

This is my crab stuffed mushrooms recipe.

1 can chunk crab meat
3/4 pack of cream cheese
10 large sized button mushrooms
1-2 teaspoons of oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 handful of arugula leaves chopped
1 cup panko bread crumbs


Clean your mushrooms and take out the mushroom stalk. Save the stalks and dice them. Pan fry them with the oil until they are cooked through and dry. Set them aside.

In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese, spices, arugula, crab meat and cooked mushrooms.

When the mixture is even throughout use a spoon to spread them into your mushrooms. Dip your mushrooms, studding side, into a bowl of panko bread crumbs.

Bake them for 30-45 minutes at 350 or until a pool of liquid forms under each mushroom. If your bread crumbs do not brown broil them for a bit until they do. It won't take long.

This is what they look like when they are done. Enjoy!





No comments: