Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sarah's Old Fashioned Ice Cream

I don't like ice cream. Since I was a child each and every time I ate ice cream I would soon gag afterwards. I've never finished an ice cream cone. A few weeks ago I went down to Steveston with some friends and while they were ordering ice cream I decided to try a flavour or two. They were so tasty I ordered some too. I finished it all and did not gag! Now I like ice cream thanks to Sarah's Old Fashioned Ice Cream.

I blogged about this place before. They have a tonne of flavours that they make themselves. They experiment a lot. They have a regular selection of ice cream which are the typical flavours you might see at any ice cream shop. They are about $4 for a double scoop. Then they have a premium selection that are a bunch of home made unique recipes. That goes for $6.50 for a double scoop.





These are the flavours based on the Once Upon A Time TV series. I didn't realize they were available until I order my double scoop. I did get to taste test them all and yummers! By the way, the people who work there are super nice and let you try pretty much everything. Those flavours are all based on the TV characters personalities. Aside from the flavours from the television show they have a premium flavour selection. One of the premium flavours are orange and schezuan peppers! It has a bit of heat going down.

This will be a running entry in my blog as I continue to try the flavours.


Regular Flavours.



Walnut Caramel: a nutty sweet ice cream. The walnut flavour stood out more than the caramel.

Black Licorice: Delicious!!! Creamy and not too sweet. I'm not even a licorice fan but somehow as an ice cream it's da bomb! It's my favourite of all I've tried at this shop so far.


Premium Flavours.




The Evil Queen: a vanilla ice cream with a hint if rosemary as that was her original name before she turned evil. This ice cream is very creamy and the rosemary really gives it a unique flavour. Have you ever had lavender ice cream before ( a flavour they also sell there)? It's a very similar taste. I think it's not for everyone but If you are looking for something different you might like this.

Red Riding Hood: that's the flavour on the bottom. Yummers! It's texture is creamy and then a little grainy. I think it's from the cinnamon. That being said it has a cinnamon flavour but it also tastes like red velvet cake. Please try! You won't regret it. :)

No comments: